Bylaws, Constitution and Annual General Meeting:
• Maintains the Constitution and Bylaws
• Assists the Board in ensuring that the constitution is relevant to the mission and objectives of CHNAC
• Organizes and coordinates the functions of the Annual General meeting.
• Currently developing structures and processes to support networking groups
Certification, Standards and Competencies:
• Promotes and supports community health nursing as a specialty practice
• Works with CNA to further certification of CHN’s
• Works with PHAC to develop core competencies
• Currently working on evaluation of the certification process and the impact of the certification on practice.
• Supports membership
• Positions the organization as an authoritative voice for CHN’s in Canada
• Developing a communication plan to inform key stakeholders of standards, competencies, and professional tools
• Developing a plan to increase and involve additional members
• Development, implementation, and evaluation of education and professional development activities of CHNAC
• Facilitates the integration of the Canadian Community Health Nursing Standards of Practice into community health workplaces and practice.
• Positions the association to respond to arising issues that impact on the delivery of community health programs.
• Refining an environmental scanning tool
• Developing a module for building advocacy skills.